Building Permits & Inspections

The Building Permit and Inspection Departments will strive to assist you with your project in an efficient and accountable manner. They are responsible for permitting all construction and conducting inspections of all construction-related permits as well as issuance of Certificates of Occupancy, Fire Prevention, and Special Events. Contact City Hall before beginning any building or construction project. 

The Building Permit and Inspection Departments are responsible for:

  • Conducting building construction inspections
  • Issuing building permits
  • Issuing certificate of occupancy permits
  • Reviewing building plans
  • Working directly with the Planning and Zoning Commission

To obtain a permit simply download the forms below (if available) or give us a call and we will be happy to provide you with the necessary forms. You must send the completed form to the City Clerk. If you choose to pay online through the link provided below, email the form to the City Clerk at If you have any questions please contact me at 314-524-1212 ext. 111. We cannot process until the application and fee are received.  

A home inspection and a certificate of occupancy permit are required. An inspection is not a certificate of occupancy. please contact the city clerk's office to obtain a home inspection and a certificate of occupancy. It is prohibited to move in without a certificate of occupancy. Please allow 24 hours after submitting application to allow time for processing. Do not move in during the processing time. 

Dumpsters need a permit from the City. Allow yourself time to apply for a dumpster permit before delivery of a dumpster. If no permit is received you could receive notice to remove the dumpster or even a stop work order. 

Pay Building Permits & Inspections 


Building Permit

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the process for getting a building permit?

Take a moment to read all required information provided. Then print and fill out the building permit application form and return to city hall.  Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to give us a call or send us an email.  We will be happy to help you.

How do I pay online?

Click the Pay Online hyperlink. Send in the required documents. Don't start your project until you receive approval from the City.

What do I need to obtain an Occupancy Permit?

Submit a residential Occupancy Permit application

 Copy of driver's license, state ID or passport for anyone 18 or older who will occupy residence

Copy of birth certificate for occupants under 18

Homeowners will need copy of deed or settlement 

Renters will need copy of lease.

Please note, when requesting to renew your Occupancy Permit, you will need a current inspection and copy of your lease. Your Occupancy Permit expires after 1 year. The City will not issue a new Occupancy Permit without a current inspection and current copy of your lease.

You must submit copies of the required documents. Do not submit originals

Contact Info

Theresa Pfyl
City Clerk
52 Young Drive
314-524-1212 ext. 111